What Are Roman Shades?
Roman shades are an elegant window treatment solution that combines the softness of drapery and the functionality of blinds. These shades are typically crafted from fabric and feature horizontal pleats that fold neatly as they are raised, creating a clean look.
Custom Roman shades are precisely tailored to fit your window's dimensions, ensuring a perfect fit and enhancing their aesthetic appeal.
Custom Roman Shades for Any Room
Custom Roman shades offer unparalleled benefits, primarily centered around personalization. With custom options, you can tailor the fabric, style, and size to precisely match your preferences and room decor. This ensures a perfect fit and an amazing look in your living spaces.
How to Choose Your Roman Shades?
Classic Roman Shade
The classic Roman shade is the epitome of timeless elegance in window treatments. Its exquisite folds create a stunning visual impact when raised, showcasing clean, horizontal lines. It allows you to create a layered look that is both classic and contemporary, making it a must-have for any discerning decorator. It's the most popular choice. That's why we bring plenty of custom Roman shade options in this style.
Flat Roman Shade
They bring a modern touch to any room with their sleek, flat hang when lowered, and they neatly fold to the top when raised, creating clean lines.
Relaxed Roman Shades
They feature gentle curves along the bottom hem that adjust to the width of your window.
Reverse Classic Roman Shades
These shades sport raised rib seaming on the front, giving them a refined and structural appearance that's always fresh.
How to Choose the Right Custom Roman Shades?
- Room style: Consider the room's overall style – choose Roman shades that complement it, whether it's traditional, modern, or eclectic.
- Color: Select a color that harmonizes with your existing decor (neutrals offer versatility, bold colors for making a statement.)
- Pattern: Patterns add interest. But choose them carefully so you don't overwhelm the space.
- Fabric: Opt for the right fabric. Linen for a luxury feel, polyester and cotton for beauty and convenience.
- Room function: Consider the room's purpose; blackout shades work well in bedrooms, while light-filtering options suit living areas.
- Mounting options: Decide between inside or outside mount based on your window size and frame.
Measuring and Installing Roman Blinds?
First, you need to decide if you want to mount the blinds inside the window frame (inside mount) or outside it (outside mount).
For inside mount
- Measure the width inside the frame at three points – top, middle, and bottom. Record the narrowest measurement.
- Measure the height inside the frame at three points – left, center, and right. Record the longest measurement.
For outside mount
- Measure the width of the window frame and add extra width for desired coverage (usually 2-3 inches on each side).
- Measure the desired height from the top of the frame to where you want the blind to end.
Other Types of Curtains or Shades You Can Choose?
Woven Bamboo Shades
Woven bamboo shades bring a natural aesthetic and feel to your space.
Linen curtains exude a relaxed elegance with their soft, textured fabric.
Sheer curtains delicately diffuse light, adding a touch of softness and breeze while maintaining daytime privacy.
Blackout curtains are designed to block out virtually most of the light (if measured and installed correctly), making them ideal for bedrooms and media rooms.
From flowing draperies to sleek blinds, we offer a diverse range of options to suit every style and preference. Elevate your home décor to new heights of elegance with Twopages' curated selection that harmoniously blends aesthetics and functionality. Check out our sales page, where we are offering up to 50% OFF on selected premium products.